Monday, October 18, 2010

Houston....We have a vagina!

So, I didn't realize I hadn't gotten on here to share the news. It's a girl. Now if this baby is born with a penis I'll be a little upset. Before I was fine with boy or girl. but now I've been told girl. I already have HER room imagined in my head. I have already pulled out HER clothes in my "oh that is cute and on sale, I can't pass it up" plastic bin I have been collecting during frequent baby phases the last two or three years. I have already started talking to HER. And tonight i believe I felt HER movement! (though I'm a little worried because she made her presence known while I was watching "Rock of Love Girls: Now"!) And I have given HER a name.

Lainey Pauline...

Pauline after Mema. And Lainey just because I have loved it for several years now. She has already got nicknames too. Lainey Bug. Lainey Lou.

I am so excited to meet her. You should see her little toes in the ultrasound picture. And here are some of the things that were said during the ultrasound and later while viewing the US pix...

"boy...It looks like she is talking up a storm"
"I think she is snapping her fingers."
"She must be singing!"
"Umm...Shelby...can you say Jersey Shore? It totally looks like she is fist pumping!"

That's my girl!

No comments: