Thursday, November 20, 2008

Saying goodbye is so hard

Tonight I had to say good bye to something I hold dear to my heart. That has been a part of my life for the past five years. I held them in my hands. Caressed my cheek with them. And then, as I placed them back in their spot in the closet, I kissed the pocket and whispered, "You've been a good pair of jeans."

Then I broke into a shitload of giggles. OMG! I can no longer where my Seven For All Mankind jeans!!! I own two pair. Now I know some of you reading this may not be "jean lovers" nor the type of person who will spend $150+ on a pair of jeans.

But I am. I will. I have.

And I have worn those jeans religiously for 3 - 5 years. 5 YEARS, PEOPLE!!! When I pack for a trip, they ALWAYS go in there. These are my tried and true "going out" jeans. I wear them in the winter with a sweater. I wear them in the summer with a great booby top. With my high heeled boots. And my sky high heels.

So imagine the fear pulsing through my body as I pulled them from my closet to try them on. Oh yeah. I'm not a dumbass. I knew they might not fit. Probably wouldn't. But they are my going out jeans! And I'm going to NYC this weekend! I've got to have "good jeans" in NYC! Oh yeah. I think the jeans even started crying when they realized there wasn't any way in hell they were making this trip to NYC with me. Shit. They won't be going anywhere for a long, long time. They are doomed to collect dust in my closet. No more skinny tight jeans for me. Thank God about 2 years ago on a shopping trip I accidentally bought a pair of Lucky Brand Jeans in size 12. (I wondered why they were so comfy at the time, but my dumbass didn't doublecheck thinking I had picked up the 8/10).

Anywhoo. Tonight I had to part ways with two tight sweaters (damn boobs), 3 pair of jeans and 1 pair of my favorite black pants. It's a sad night in Warner Robins.

I have never been one to "pack light." But damn...it's REAL easy to do when nothing in your closet fits. Guess it's a good thing I'm going to NYC. Shopping just moved to the top of the "things to do in NYC" list!!!