Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

I have a fabulous Mama. I didn't always think that at times. She was the strictest mom growing up. Or so it seemed. The one that ALWAYS hunted us down when we were doing wrong. She just knew. Knew where I was. Knew I was probably up to no good. But she was the one that taught me right from wrong. Gave me some kind of moral compass. Sure...i do a lot of things that she still doesn't like. But that's just me. I beat to my own drum, and it's not always the same song as hers. But over the years we have become...friends. My friends listen to the way we interact and are amazed. I have heard more times than I count, "I can't talk to my mom that way. We don't have those conversations." Well, that's the thing. She may not want to hear it. But she listens. She responds. Even if I don't like what she is saying. We argue. She completely gets on my last effin' nerve.We are so freakin' different. But we laugh. And we talk. That's pretty cool.

She's the mom I want to be. The one that threw the best birthday parties. To this day my birthday is my favorite holiday. I give her credit for that. She made big breakfasts on the first day of school. I remember McDonald's on Saturday mornings. She took me to softball practice. Took me to church. Showed up for school plays and parties. I know that I lot of things I do as a mom (whenver that day should come) will be from the example that she has been for 35 1/2 years. And that's pretty cool.

Today I would be 33 weeks. How crazy is that? To think I'd be walking around with this big ole belly. Only a little over a month away from being someone's...mom. It makes me sad.

I was shopping earlier this morning and for some reason was walking down the aisle where journals were. And I swear one jumped out at me...like it had a light shining on it just so I wouldn't miss it. the cover of it said..

things happen for a reason...just believe!

I picked it up and smiled. I do believe things happen for a reason. I'm getting a little impatient about what it is that is going to happen (LOL), but I still believe IT is going to happen. Then I noticed the corner of another journal sticking out from underneath one that was in the same spot of the first I had picked up. I moved the boring journal out of the way and there was another journal that said...

Sometimes, on the way to a dream you get lost and find a better one.

A sign for sure. A sign of things to come...GOOD things to come. I can just feel it. I can feel it in every being of my soul.

Standing there I was overcome with the desire to fill them up with words and pictures of the wonderful things that I know are in store for me. Seriously...It's like God put those journals there just for me. So I left the store with those two journals in hand.

I'm optimistic if not anything else. :)

1 comment:

pam said...

You are going to be a best selling arthur! You are my best friend in the whole world, I know you better than I know anyone, yet you made me hang on to your every word about buying a journal! God did put those there for you, He has BIG plans for you yet girl! I love ya!