Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sweetness

Last night I went to see the kids since it had been awhile and I was missing them. We sat in Dylan's dark room watching some Disney movie.

Jersey sat in my lap leaned back against my chest. I had one arm wrapped around her tight. And she didn't squirm or want me to move it. She just leaned back into me as far as she could with her little hand on my arm.

I would take my other hand and rest it on Dylan's knee or rub his blond head or tap the freckles on his nose. I love that little cluster of freckles. And he didn't stop me. Or squirm away. Or tell me to stop.

and in that moment...in those moments of pure sweetness....it's all I ever want and wish for and hope for...moments like those with my own child. I'd trade a year in Key West for it!

There is a Mama in me just waiting and wanting to bust out. Just waiting. And wanting. And wondering...when?

1 comment:

Kelle said...

thank you for your kind words.
knowing that inner mama will be blessed to come out soon. beautiful post...you will have those moments. promise.