Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Temporary Change of Plans

Change is in the air. And I thought it was time to go in a new direction with my blog, if only for a few months. Never fear - even though a dream of mine is coming true soon, my biggest dream is STILL to be...Mommy. But when life hands you an opporutnity that makes the corners of your mouth turn up, your heart beat extra hard, a tingle all the way to your toes...You've gotta go for it!

So, the decision has been made. A dream that I have had for many years is in my grasp, and I'm going to grab hold and not let go! I am going to go to Key West this summer. But for those that know me you are probably wondering what is the big deal about that?! Shit, I've already been to Key West twice this year. But wait! Let me say it again.

I'M GOING TO KEY WEST THIS SUMMER.

Not for a weekend. Not for a week. But for 34 freakin' days!!!!! And if July 6th - the scheduled day of departure - arrives and I don't feel like leaving, well, then I have 3 more weeks to bask in my Happy Place before I have to actually be back at work.

I've always wanted to go down there for the summer and just...live there! Be a local if you will. And the opportunity presented itself in March when I uttered the words to someone I've known down there for several years. And as we walked back to meet everyone at breakfast and I just absent mindedly utterted "my dream" the response I received in return was, "Really? Keep me updated. My roommate is leaving for the summer and you can rent his room."

I've told many people that my heart is in WR...where my mama is. where my daddy is. My granny. my brother. my niece and nephew. my family. But my spirit? Not so much. My spirit is in the cities that I love dearly. The places where the corners of my mouth are always upturned. Where my heart always beats fast. Where there is always a tingle all the way to my toes. Key West. Nashville. Savannah.

So, I gave it a lot of thought. And come June 2 at 4pm, Heather and I are out of here to spend every day for a month in my Happy Place.

And for that...I am happy.

And my spirit? ECSTATIC!

No comments: