Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Summer Plans in a Nutshell...so it's a big nut?!

I still can't believe I'm going to be in Key West this summer. I actually won't believe it until I'm actually there. And I may just have to pinch myself every day that I wake up and realize...I'M IN KEY WEST

Things I’m looking forward to this summer:


-seeing a Key West sunset every night if I want to!!!!!
-sleeping in (and not being at summer school at 8 am)
- going to Irish Kevin’s and dancing to goofy musicians whenever I feel like it
- taking my daily walk ...IN KEY WEST!
- Fat Tuesday’s becoming my official “Cheers”
- do I even need to say 190’s whenever I want them!?
- seeing Pete and Wayne at Sloppy Joe’s EVERY WEEKEND if I want to
- hearing Jared say “Shalom mutha fucka” whenver I feel like it
-becoming a regular at 801 Bourbon (LOL)
- having a vacation boyfriend every night if I feel like it
-staring at Hottie Chris every day if I want to!!!!!!
- my girls visiting me in KW
- watching the sunrise in KW whenever I want to (never done that before, I don’t think…there is always a first!)
- indulging in “Healthy Habits” (our new name for happy hour) with Billy at Alonzo’s or wherever our fancy takes us
- lounging in my kiddie pool in the backyard
- having a hot male roommate (never had one of those! Hahaha)
- hanging out at and trying new places that I’ve never been to in KW
- possibly being known as the cute blond who rides around on the pink bike!
- NOT wastin’ away in Warner Robins but in Key West!
- being a true Key West local…if only for a month!!!

A few days later I thought of not just what I was looking forward to but what I actually wanted to do while there, the things I wanted to experience...

-ride my bike all over, wherever
-take pictures of everything and anything and nothing
-OOOh at sunrises
-Ahhh at sunsets
-dance every single day
-laugh every single day
-sleep in
-cook out
-learn to master a mean conch chowder and key lime pie
-swim...in the ocean or in a hotel pool that I crash
-play tennis
-scrapbook
-read
-kayak, deep sea fishing, jet skiing
-go out on a boat
-meet new, interesting, fabulous people
-enjoy every moment
-kiss a cute guy
-put the top down and just drive
-sit...and do nothing

I only hope this summer is everything I want it to be.

2 comments:

Kelle said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! Key West...oh, how lovely! Enjoy your summer...what a dream!

Kelle said...

oh, and i read a little of your story. i too had a miscarriage two months ago...

http://enjoyingthesmallthings.blogspot.com/2009/03/real-life.html

and found comfort in other women who go through this all the time.

Good luck to you and your endeavors.