Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Crocodile Tears

My dad gets what i refer to as his "crocodile tears". He tears up easily in his older age and his eyes water up threatening to spill over. Sometimes you want to hug him, sometimes you want to hit him because he's either being sincere or you've (ahem, I've) just told him basically that what he has done the past few years effin' sucks and he needs to go find his balls again (I personally think they are hidden in the pocket of his new wife's purse, but what do I know?!) Anyways, on to the story...

So today we went to lunch. A few months ago I had him look at my plan for my backporch. I want to turn it into sunroom/office in hopes of turning my now office into a baby's room. He priced it for me and everything, and I told him I'd let him know when I wanted to start. Today at lunch I brought it up again telling him that I needed to know where to start first - that I'd have to do a little each month. He told me and I replied, "okay. Well, I want to get started and I'm going to need it finished by March." He was like, "huh? why March?" I smiled and said, "i just need it done in 9 months."

He jumped up and hugged me and then sat down. And there they were. The Crocodile Tears. And not because I had just told him he was an idiot. Nope. These were sincere. It made me feel good.

I really shouldn't be so hard on him, huh?

No comments: