Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Coochie Cam Time

So...3rd time is the charm, right? At least I hope that holds true for me. I am going for try three and should it not work, I may just have to take a break for a month or two to recoup the "baby finances." I just ask that everyone keep me in their prayers that it works this time. Y'all...I want it to work this time. I'm 35 1/2 years old. I don't have time to "take a break". I want this. I wish everyone could see inside my head and heart and know just how badly.

I called the doctor's office and it seems we are going to try a different approach. instead of using the ovulation kits (where you pee on the sticks) the doctor is going to detect upcoming ovulation with the vaginal ultrasound (aka - coochie cam! hey! hey!) I went in today so they could get the lay of the land (aka - cooochie! Hey! Hey!) and then I will go back next week to check the size of my follicles to make sure they are getting to the correct size. Then I'm going to use some "trigger shot" to jumpstart ovulation. What I gather is that it all has to do with timing and me giving myself a shot! (AKA - a needle in the stomach! hey! he...WTF?!)

I'm a little freaked out about that people! Okay....REALLY freaked out about that. Give myself a shot?! Are you serious?! I can barely stand other people giving me a shot!!! I mean the last time I dealt with someone sticking me with a needle, I came out of being under sedation with the nurse asking me if I was still going to beat her up. (It seems that in my medicated haze I told other nurses I was going to kick her ass for hurting me with the IV. Oops. I didn't mean it. I wouldn't REALLY kick her ass. Really.)

So for the past few days I have been dealing with hella bad cramps, seasonal allergies that are kicking my ass, snakes in my classroom (and I ain't talking about sneaky children - I'm talking about a real effing snake that was just crawling along the wall in my classroom a mere half a foot away from where my students and I sat - and if you could hear my voice as you read that you'd hear a high pitched squeal because I am STILL freaked out and crawling with the heebie jeebies from THAT little episode!) and now I have self medication - with needles no less! - to add to everything.

Faaaabulous. Just Faaaabulous.

No comments: