Monday, September 15, 2008

I Drank Beer...okay beerS... So Sue Me!

After my last trip to Raleigh where I (gasp) drank water, many a person said to me, "You know, Shelby, it would have been okay if you drank. I had a shitfaced night before I found out I was actually pregnant."

So with that in mind, I headed out on my last big trip of the year. It was time to wrap up the Poets and Pirates Tour in Indy. I arrived at the Atlanta airport around 1:30 pm.

And I had a yummy margarita at the Chilis on concourse A.

Then we found out we weren't making our first flight (we were flying on buddy passes) and probably wouldn't make the next one either.

And I had a beer at the sports bar on Concourse B.

After 8 hours in the Atlanta airport, only to end up driving another 8 hours because we weren't getting on a plane to Indy or any other city in the surrounding area for that matter, I was due a drink...

Or ten.

We finally reached our destination, and the only reason i could come up with for Big J not answering my prayers for getting on a flight was this - this past weekend might have been when (hopefully) my "implantation" was occurring and maybe science doesn't know (but God does) that high altitudes and cabin pressure could affect that. What can I say? There has to be a reason that God didn't want us on that flight. And seeing as no airplane crashes were reported that's all I can come up with for putting us First Class in Transportation Hell for 16 hours!!!

Saturday brought one margarita, several Coronas and a damn, DAMN, giggly, googly, smiley, good time. Sigh. I wince a little, but a few beers at a concert in what would only be the 3rd week of pregnancy is not going to be my downfall. (as several of my friends with healthy happy children can attest to) What is meant to be is meant to be, and a few coronas aren't going to put a damper on it.

So now I wait. I have no pregnancy tests in my house that I can pee on too early. I don't plan on buying any until Saturday. I will start testing on Sunday. Not feeling a thing. Don't won't to put any negative vibes out there...just not feeling anything. Hoping beyond hope that this time did indeed work.

Can you imagine? February rolling around and me buying car seats and boppies instead of Kenny Chesney Concert tickets?

It's a thought that puts a big 'ole smile on my face.

No comments: