Friday, October 3, 2008

Good Karma and Random Thoughts...

I am about to head out for a weekend with my WRHS girls. We have been getting together (with husbands) for the last few years in some distant state that is both accessible to everyone and far enough up a mountain that being nekkid and obnoxious can occur without someone calling the cops.

Good times, I tell ya.

Anywhoo...we are doing something a little different this go round in that it's only the girls this weekend meeting up in our beloved Middle Georgia (hopefully, Regena's house won't look like the PCB beach house we stayed in during Spring Break our Senior year - Good Lawd, we wrecked that shit!). And I can barely contain my excitement that packed in my bag is the WRJH Smoke Signal. Oh yeah...the video of all videos from our 9th grade year. It's a suprise for everyone! God, you gotta love pink,blue,and purple Cover girl eyeshadow and big, poofy, permed hair. (Sigh. We love you and remember you fondly 1987!)

But back to my point...I'm sorry...i was taking a trip to '87-'88...and those were some fan -wait for it- tastic years! FANTASTIC.

Okay...so the point...Both Kelly and Jill have figured that the 3rd try is going to work this go round based soley on the fact everyone will be together. As Jill put it, "OmG! We are all so going to be around for you getting knocked up." and Kelly said, "It's good karma!"

I totally agree.

And if the above wasn't random enough, I actually have a date for a wedding next weekend. Woohoo! Seeing as I haven't taken a date to a wedding since 1996 (at least that I can remember) and for the last 12 years have been putting "Shelby + 1" just to be a positive thinker, this is big stuff! And get this....he's driving from Baltimore!!! Holy crapola! Several people have mentioned, "Well, why dont' you let him knock you up." My reply - "He's getting here a week too late." ha.

Timing can be such a bitch, can't she? And in more ways then one.

No comments: