Sunday, October 5, 2008

So Jill Knocked Me Up...

Gotta love that this weekend I didn't have to go alone for my "rendevoux" with Mr. 2936. At one point Friday night as we all sat around the table catching up, I had a feeling I was going to show up at the doctor's Saturday morning with 7 very interested and supportive friends cheering me and my "babydaddy" on.

Alas, too much beer and a 3 am bedtime for many nipped that in the bud right away!

However, Jill got up Saturday morning all bright eyed and bushytailed and we were off. (okay...so maybe she got that way after her 3rd cup of coffee, but still...) We arrived at the doctor's office on time and ready for Try #3 to get underway. Of course, I joked that everyone was going to think we were complete lesbians and made sure to reference Jill's hubby a time or two throughout the process. But we still had a lot of fun as "girlfriends".I always like to leave people wondering. Amd we are still joking she knocked me up.

She even went in the room with me! I believe my announcement of "Jill, now I don't want you staring at my privates" drove home the fact to the doctor and nurse that we were indeed NOT lovers. At one point as Jill and I sat alone in the room waiting on the doctor, the clock on the wall was ticking loudly. Loudly enough to warrant the following statement from Jill - "That isn't your biological clock ticking, is it?" Har har, Jill! ;) Even better, Dr. C joked with Jill that she could do the insemination. She declined the offer much to my relief.

Procedure done and we headed back to Regena's to rouse the other sleepyheads to get our day of nothing underway. Once again, I have to give a shout out to my friends for their support and positive vibes on my "baby project." It means the world to me, and I don' think they realize how much. They all rubbed my belly when I got back and the remainder of the weekend would constantly correct me if I said the words "if this time works". There is no "if" about it according to them. Chris even joked she is going to throw me a baby shower with the theme around the numbers "2936"! THAT should be interesting. LMFAO When I told Brad (who had been banned from his own home for the weekend and snuck back over to the house for a quick hello),he even rubbed my belly and said, "It took and it's a girl." Gotta love those positive vibes since Regena says he has a complete knack for calling stuff like this.

The fact that my best friends since junior high and high school were around me on the same weekend I was trying for a baby was not lost on any of us. We ALL want this weekend to be the weekend it happens for me. And I think we'll all be disappointed if it doesn't. I pray, pray, pray that when our next get together rolls around that I'll be sporting a big ole belly and happily declining the hot tub and beer that runneth over in abundance on these weekend gatherings.

But for now we wait...and I say "we" because my support system of friends are right here waiting with me.

Spot Watch '08 Part 3 is underway once again!

No comments: