Saturday, October 25, 2008

Rainbows and Granola Bars

In the past month I have noticed not one, but TWO, double rainbows. I think this is quite odd yet fascinating. So fascinting that I believe it to be a sign sent from above straight to me saying that all is going to be just right. I mean, two in a month?! And double rainbows at that?! It's a sign. And y'all know how I believe in signs.

The one I saw yesterday was so beautiful that had I not been in a hurry to get to Savannah to get to the concert on time, I would have pulled right over on the interstate and sat there just staring at it. I think it had to be one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen. The bottom rainbow was so big and bright and close that it looked like I was about to drive right under it. And I could see the whole thing which is always very cool. Beautiful. yep. A sign of good things.

But gotta love how I drove straight into a storm - the kind where you can't see, and no matter how fast the wipers are going it doesn't help. Now I see this as no kind of sign. It was just a storm. LOL Luckily, I made it with minutes to spare, and Melissa and I got to downtown Savannah to get to our concert. However, we didn't have time to eat.

Two pregnat women. No dinner. Do you know where this is going?

Now I must let you know that the other day I had my first "Eat....NOW!" moment at work. My breakfast wore slap off at 10:30 with no warning. The belly rumbled and the shakes hit. I had to find food fast. That afternoon I went straight to the grocery store and bought snacks - lots of snacks. Let me tell ya - I have granola bars coming out the yingyang!

But on with the story....

So there we are having a good ole time at the concert. Lady A was fantastic as always. ( I mean..they are who I went to see and drove through a storm to get to)Then Jason Aldean came on. At some point my stomach began rumbling. I hung in there for several songs. And then it hit. I practically dived for my purse. In the darkened auditorium I searched for my granola bar.

And there I was...shaking my ass and rocking out to an AMAZING drum solo...eating a granola bar.

Jellybean does not even know the bad ass mommy he is getting!

And in case you are wondering...granola bars only hold you over so long. Once I heard my favorite Jason Aldean song, "Johnny Cash", and noticed us BOTH looking at our watches, I knew it was time and that the call of pizza was much stronger than a few more songs... and we hauled ass out of there!

I left the show sober and several songs early.

I'm stepping into a whole new world....

1 comment:

J1 said...

Am I the only one who thinks a DOUBLE rainbow is odd...and that you saw it TWICE...are you following my pattern here??? I am going to step out and call that maybe Jellybean has a twin...Butterbean.