Thursday, August 14, 2008

Feeling a little sappy...

I'm going to be a little corny for a minute, but my heart is overflowing with love for my friends right now. All the people that are being so supportive of my decision to have a baby...all the people that think that a child will be so lucky to have ME as a a Mom . I really want to cry. (And I'm really tearing up right now. Seriously. I'm such a sap in my older age.) Obviously I'm talking about people that it doesn't even cross their minds to ask me, "are you SURE you want to do this?" When in all reality, and probably contrary to my recent post, the positive people really do outweigh the questioning people.

Tonight I went to hang out with some very dear friends and play Bunko. I've been with this Bunko group for several years now - ever since I moved back to WR. Some of the people have changed over the years, but I love these women with all my heart. They range in age from about two years younger than me to my mom's age. Two have known me since I was born. One has been one of my dearest, closest, best friends since we were in junior high. I am only letting a few people in on what I've done. My Bunko girls had known that I was going to go this baby route. We haven't seen each other in two months, and a friend overheard me and Tonya talking tonight. When she heard I told her and then the rest. The whoops of excitement that came forth from two of my friends almost made me bust with happiness!!! It was so awesome. Two or three others continued to show their support and tell me just how happy they were for me throughout the night.

Not one of them even questioned if I was ready. Or if I was sure. Or if I knew what I was going to have to give up. They just think I'm going to be a great mom. And that I deserve this. And for that I want to thank them so much. I don't really know if T, T, D, J, N, and A really know how happy their true excitement for me meant. Alot. It made me feel like I'm not doing anything stupid. Or wrong. Or bad. They didn't treat me with hesitation or concern because I'm not married, not in a relationship.

They treated me just like any other person that is trying to have a baby and who so desperately wants one.

So to all my friends and family who are on my side.... Thank you. The love you have shown me means the world to me. And my child will have the best and coolest Aunts in the world!!!

1 comment:

luckypennymn said...

I really feel that your last paragraph was just merely stating the obvious!!!