Friday, August 8, 2008

So am I a slut if I had a "one vial stand"?!

It's done. I did it. Holy shit!

8-8-08! J sent me a text last night that that date sounds like a "damn lucky date" to her. And 8 *is* my favorite number. She also called "boy" for me (love her positive vibes that this will work the first time - although I think it's just the fact that she is dealing with a teenage stepdaughter and has come to realize she wouldn't wish a girl on her worst enemy! LOL)

So there goes the signs again - the date and on top of that it hit me that I poured my last bit of coffee grounds into my coffee pot this morning! Could it be? Another sign? Two weeks time will tell I guess!

I hopped in my car this morning and rushed to the doctor's office. The nurse (who also happens to be someone I grew up going to church with - gotta love it) had called and asked if I could get there earlier. I told her that I could leave 15 minutes earlier, but that that was it. So off I went like Dale Jr at Talladega (there's that 8 reference again) and rushed into the office.

The first funny that happened (and you gotta admit this whole situation is a bit comical...but with serious undertones, of course) was that I ran in and the nurse had the paperwork ready for me to sign and said, "Sign right here and we'll go warm up your boys." Still makes me giggle when I think of her saying that. I got on the phone with M while in the waiting room. She and I were making sex jokes and I commented that it would be a "quickie". Then off to the actual room...duh, duh, duuuum!

Dr. C and the nurse came in, and we chatted. Then I had to verify my babydaddy, and when I saw the small vial all I could think was, "Really? That small amount. Sheesh. All the guys I've been with in the past had more than that!!!!" But you gotta thank technology because they can pull all the good swimmers out and get rid of the wimpy weak asses! Woohoo! After that I laid back and did my job....to lay there. All the while I was telling the nurse about mine and M's convo on the phone. She was laughing at me.

Dr. C got underway, and basically the three of us chatted like we were having a chat over coffee instead of a chat over me on my back with my legs spread and knees in the air. Seriously, my life could be a comedy...and it would win a fucking Oscar I tell ya! ;) The whole thing from the time Dr. C got started took maybe 5 minutes if not less (hmmph. Not much difference with a guy.) I looked up at the doctor and said, "That's it?!" (again...not much different than what you sometimes think after sex with a guy! haha) He replied, "That's it."

And, of course, me being me I *had* to be my humorous witty self and said, "So, Dr. C. was it as good for you as it was for me?!" Yes. I did. And he laughed. So did the nurse. They left the room because I basically had to sit there with my knees still up for 15 minutes. I put my Ipod on and listened to some Kenny. I figured a little Kenny (the Be As You Are C.D. if you are wondering) would be the perfect "getting knocked up" music. That CD always relaxes me, and I felt "the boys" needed a relaxing ride north. As I laid there I just smiled. Then I would laugh. Then I would smile again.

So there you go. In and out in under an hour. It's done. I got dressed, went to the mall to return something (and I won't tell you that there was an amazing clearance sale at Gymboree, so don't ask) and ventured home to lay on my couch. I did stop by T's, and when I walked into her kitchen, before I even said hey, I surprised her and C by yelling, "There is sperm in me!!!!"

Two weeks until I know. Until y'all know. What is meant to be will be. That's what I believe.

GO GO BABYDADDY!!!!

No comments: