Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Toast To Ovulation!

Recently M - in her pregnant state - made the funniest remark of "You realize what an alcoholic you are once you get pregnant and can't have it anymore!" LOL Never fear M....on your delivery day I, as your bestest buddy, will bring with me one bottle of the expensive champagne to celebrate the end of your no alcohol run - oops - I mean birth of your child. ;)

So a week or so ago I ordered four bottles of wine from this winery in St. Augustine that I like. This is some good stuff let me tell ya. Anyways, it probably wasn't one of my brightest moves seeing as I WANT to get pregnant and if everything works out those bottles are going to collect dust. With those thoughts in my head (I mean let's not let good wine collect dust) I invited two friends from work over to help me drink it - kinda like a celebration for the upcoming school year. Sometimes you just have to celebrate! My friend, A, had to back out so it was just me and H...and four bottles of wine.

Friends that know me well...you so know what's coming, don't you?! hee

Well....6 hours and 3 bottles of wine later H and I were still just running our mouths about everything. She even ventured a peek into my "no longer secret" baby stash! Ha!

3 bottles. Good grief. I mean in all reality (and if everything works in my favor) that was my LAST alcohol for the next nine months. HOLY SHIT, RIGHT?!

So again I say - why let that perfectly good wine collect dust?! We both thought not. And a VERY relaxing evening and good time ensued. Though I found out - via tipsy text messaging that *I* did not start by the way - that someone that I could be attracted to sees me as a "big sister." Damn it! No wonder he won't hit on me! Sigh. But that's another story for another day.

So everyone grab a glass and raise it in the air - here's to my impending ovulation to come in the next few days. May everything work and those 3 bottles of wine last night be the last alcohol to touch my lips for months to come!

In all seriousness....contrary to what my mother and some friends probably think...it's not the alcohol I fear giving up. It's caffiene. Oh boy. It may be a rough year for my students!

1 comment:

J1 said...

If it must be known, I did drink coffe while I was preggo. Let's be honest, I considered it "community service", no one needed me to be off of coffee...I literally would not have been responsible for my actions! lol As for whether while children turned out normal...that is stil up in the air..lol I love you and am so excited about this journey. I see a group vacation to Disney World on day....keep on adding up those "Tink Dollars"!